Friday, November 1, 2013

Jolly Ranchers

“Oooooooooooo! The house with the red eyes!” I pointed to the next house, where the long, dark window had big red and white eyes to my friend, Adam, and my brother Drew. The house had a long window in their porch showed, big, evil, glaring eyes. I remembered it from last year and the year before and the year before. “Hey, I don’t remember that from last year!” On the door, a projection of Darth Vader and some storm troopers came up and shut a projected wooden door, covered with projected boards. We stepped on the porch, as Darth Vader and his troops repeated coming up and shutting the door. “Hi there!” My heart beat loudly. A young man was sitting with a kid in his lap with a red ladybug costume on as he looked at us and our costumes under our squeaky raincoats and wet boots, I hadn’t seen him, and he gave me a good shake. “Trick or treat!” we shouted. “Here you go!” He gave us a good, decent handful and slapped it in our bags. “How did you put the eyes and Darth Vader?” I asked. “Bluetooth. I have this thing here I can control whether it’s Star Wars or Monsters Inc. It’s a projection. So are the eyes. He pointed at the glaring eyes, which moved around, trying to look for kids. See?” He did the star wars one. “Can we see Monsters Inc?” Adam asked. “Sure.” The man said. He was very kind about it. A big, blue monster came on the door and made a scary face and shut the same door as Darth Vader. “Wow! That’s cool! Thanks! Happy Halloween!” We shouted. “Your welcome! Happy Halloween!” We hopped of the wet porch and ran to the next house, shouting more thank you’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment