Friday, August 4, 2023

Read Atomic Habits

 I just read Atomic Habits this morning and it was cool to finish a book. On top of that, it was really interesting, and I feel more motivated to pursue my goals. So I'm going to type out all my notes and evaluate, but man, I... I miss music lol. I think I'm going to have Brawl Stars be my reward for running and then music be my reward for YouTube videos. And maybe I'll let myself listen to music from time to time. I think I could technically live like this if I wanted to, but I don't. The question is, how much of this dopamine detox am I going to retain? I think I've done it enough to where I could stop now and be okay, but I might just go to tonight for the sake of it. I don't know if it did anything, but I think I will try and stay off of my phone more from now on and off of social media for the most part.

I will also try and do one thing at a time, so only music when I'm doing nothing else, and I'll try and stop that from being addicting, and then when I'm eating, I only eat, which has been really weird but doable. If I was to go on my phone when eating, I would feel self conscious now, like a slave to my phone. Besides, there's nothing on my phone to do besides... Well, there's Brawl Stars, Pokemon Go, Discord, and Safari basically. If I can hold off, I can just be off of my phone less.

I guess, I don't really know what I'm doing this for and where my life is right now, but I'll finish up the dopamine detox today. Maybe I'll crack and play a song, I think it's okay. I just don't know if I want to restrict music to only after finishing a YouTube video, might be too intense. But the Atomic Habits book has some great strategies and at the end of the day, I just don't want to be addicted to music and I want to fill my life with tiny, meaningful habits that help me become someone that I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment