Friday, March 7, 2014

Winter Dream Day 3

FYI: This is the narrator's opinion, not mine. I'm not saying it isn't mine, or it is. And this is fiction.

Chapter 1

Hi, I'm an Arctic Wolf trying to get away from my worst enemy, another arctic fox, and global warming because of Mr. "Ho ho ho!"Argh, I hate Santa. It sounds crazy, I know that, but I think he's weird. This is me on the outside: "Hello Santa, you're the best and you're so nice!" On the inside: Get me out of here! I think Santa's a joke. He's an extremely obese guy who stalks people in an attempt to bribe them. And he talks 24/7. FYI: He never shuts his mouth. And because of him, my father is gone, I'm stuck on the other side of the planet with my enemy, and climate change apparently has something against us. It was all yesterday. I was stuck in a crowd of wolfs, hares, and elfs. It was cold and snowy. Santa was doing his blah blah blah on an igloo and everyone in the crowd was listening to him, or trying to take words out of his babble. Except for me. I was looking everywhere but at him until some words caught my ears. "reach the ghost that's been doing-" I was listening to him. I was actually listening to his words. "We must reach the ghost! Come on, call his name! Everyone barked and screamed. So I thought, "This will never work." And then, a small hole appears in the middle of us. And I'm in the middle for some apparent reason. Everyone yells in a non frightened way. "Yay, it's the ghost!" or "Ooo, a rainbow portal." Inside was indeed rainbow. It was a mixture of color, and the end was not visible. Anyway, it grew an everyone stepped away from it. Except for me, and my enemy, another Arctic fox, named Adrian. She's an ugly little brat, and it's a World Record if you can stand next to her for one minute without going away, barfing, etc. Everyone else say she's a perfect little fairy, and I shouldn't be negative. Oh well, anyway, I fell in with Adrian and I see my father jump in behind me. Then it's just us, falling and falling. We scream (Who wouldn't?) for the first ten minutes, then we stop and sit around. It's . In ten seconds. First we fall out, and a huge set of teeth grab all of us. My father, quickly open the mouth of the teeth, and holds it up. Adrian escapes first and runs our on the land but I, I first check on father, who is no longer there. Nor any teeth. Just a ripple of water. Water? We are floating on a giant iceberg. A tall one.  In the middle of a huge amount of water. Somewhere. And this is now to the present. Adrian first does the obvious,blames me. "You're the one who should be dead, why did you-" Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize it was MY fault. But before I can reply, the iceberg starts tilting. It keeps tilting. It gaining speed. It splashes, I'm airborne. Something hits my head, I'm knocked out, I'm dying...


Chapter 2


Something Cold touches my head. I feel myself rocking up and down. My head feels cold again. I lift my head up. I scream. Well, who wouldn't?

The ice berg tilts  again but actually falls. After being knocked out, I'm not prepared. I run up the ice berg as fast as I can. The slant is increasing. I just grab the edge, and the ice berg falls in the ocean with a monsterous splash.  
I get drenched, then get released up. The force, the power, the cold wind. I'm released, and airborne. I get that airborne feeling, and the cold wind it not that cold. I negative thought hits my mind, "I can't swim." I hit the cold, wet water,  but it's not water. It's a snow bank, floating in the middle of the ocean, about the size of half a basketball court. It has many black monsters with white circles on there chests. Black monsters? There... What are these things? "What are you?" I try to ask, but they don't pay attention. A small gray fluffy monster waddles by me. "They're penguins, dummy." I recognize the voice, and unfortunately, Adrian has not died a painful death. "Oh, Missy Know-it-All is alive. Yay. Now every things a lot better." My sarcastic tone could not be more sarcastic. "At least I'm not standing on one." That was her reply. I wasn't as mean as usual it, was weird, wait... I look down, and let go of my paw, and a baby, Pen- guin, waddles away like a dizzy mentally confused Adrian. Or I could just say Adrian. I'm stuck on an iceberg the size of half a basketball court with Adrian. I look around. The black monsters, or Pen-Guins are gone. In fact, everything's gone. We are now standing on a chunk of ice about the size of two doors. I hope that little one was okay. I sigh. Stuck on an iceberg. With just myself. And a fat cow eyed dummy. I look down and sigh. "~Gasp~Gasp~" There aren't just two living things here.

Chapter 3

There was the little penguin I was standing on a few minutes ago, only I'm standing on him again. I'm thinking about all the possibilities. I could eat him. Or take care of him. Am I going to have to be a parent?!?! I'm feeling emotional. I finally decided on a  conclusion. First, I should let him breathe. I release my paw, and he stumbles off again, but in circles, and falls overboard and disappears. Oh, well. I wish that was Adrian. Speaking of Adrian, she hasn't said any rude comments lately... She's asleep. Great. I mean it. I can get all kinds of revenge. I put her head in the water and leave it there upside-down. Its like when I was doing it. Wait, a minute, it seems like something she'd do.  I sit on the other side and look out on the ocean. It's so rough and peaceful. Rough. Crackle. Crackle? "~Crackle~" Our... ship in breaking in half. I'm thinking. Our ship is three inches thick of ice. What's going on? I stay on my side as the ship snaps.  My side is rushed so an opposite direction When a huge wave slice between us sending us opposite directions. I look for the other half. There it is. It's clean. No one aboard. No offense but... "This is awesome!" I run. I chase my tail. I see my back, where the little penguin is sitting. "Bwarghablalalala! Why??" I whine. "No wait, I'm hungry. This is a good thing." I go after the penguin. This is embarrassing, but I can't. It's just so little, so innocent... "ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!" I need food. I need help. Companionship. Helpful companionship. The little penguin looks at me, and tilts his head. Then he waddles over the icy ground and comes to the edge, stick his head in, and in ten seconds he has a... fish? I'm not exactly fond of sticking my head in the water, but it's not like I have an option. And it's harder then the little penguin made it look. I finally catch one, and it's not bad raw. It's filling. The little penguin smiles at me and flaps his wings wildly.  He's like my son. I have a son. Ok, and he needs a name. I know the perfect name. Adrianisstupid. But Adrian isn't alive, which bothers me. His name is Flappy. "Flappy! Comere my little boy!" "Shut up." Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment